Sam and I took Elliot in for his 15-month appointment with the pediatrician. I always experience anxiety before these appointments. Because Elliot had such difficulty gaining weight (and I felt like such a failure), I'm always worried that he didn't gain weight and he's not getting taller. However, I had nothing to fear during this appointment. Elliot is 23 lbs, 4 oz and in the 33rd percentile for weight (He gained 3 pounds from his 12 month appointment). He is 30 inches tall, a gain of over an inch from our last appointment and is in the 18th percentile for height. Sadly he will never be a basketball player. And in case you're not aware of the hugeness of my kid's melon, he's in the 97th percentile for head size.
We had to come up with a list of the words that he says and write them down. I was able to come up with 12 or 13 and of course remembered more after we left the appointment. Dr. H watched Elliot walk and was very impressed. He said that he was very healthy and that everything looked great.
We discussed Elliot's picky eating and the doc assured us that E would get over it. Dr. H gave us a pamphlet on potty training, wanting us to start looking for signs that Elliot is ready to potty like a big boy. (That makes me really feel like my baby is growing up!). Elliot was a champ, getting three shots. He was able to be calmed very quickly! We only have one more vaccination at 18 months and then no more until he's 4!
Overall, A really great appointment. Elliot is right on track and Doc feels that we're doing a great job in the parenting department. Nothing like a good 'ol pat on the back to make my day! We go back in June!
No comments:
Post a Comment