Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Problem Solver

I continue to be amazed at the abilities that Elliot has picked up over the last few days/weeks/months. He's really turning into a real person, albeit it a very small and wobbly one. Last night he amazed me (and had me laughing) at his ability to problem solve. We bought him four new board books last night and he was really into them. My kid really digs books! He had one in each hand and we tried giving him a third. Usually he would have put down one of the two in either hand, but not my Elliot. He's a problem solver!! He just simply opened his mouth and had Sam put the third book there. He then carried all three to his destination. See, problem solver!

A few days ago, he decided that he needed to sort through the three pacifiers (paci's) in his bed. He would take one out, put another one in, and so on, and so on. At one point, he had one in his mouth and one in each hand. I handed him a fourth one and he paused. Then he tucked one to his chest (under his neck) and reached for the fourth paci. Have I mentioned my kid is a genius?? (I'm sure all of your kids have done the same thing, but I wasn't there to see it and I didn't give birth to your kid!)

He's also learning how to use a fork and is starting to venture into new foods (as long as they are on aforementioned fork). He can use a snack bowl without constantly flinging it to the floor. He's really using language and learning at least one new word every day, or at least repeating a new word. I love how the littlest things that he does leave me in complete awe. I hope that never changes.

And now for a few pics (sorry for the blurry one) of my little problem solver!

1 comment:

  1. Not only is he a genius, but watching him tuck something under his chin is the cutest thing ever. Have I mentioned I adore your kid? Love, Grandma....or whatever he calls me......

    ReplyDelete