Now onto week 7! Sam and I had our first OB appointment yesterday. I have been so nervous awaiting this day. What if I went through all of the appointment - the exam, the prenatal education, etc. - and then we get to the ultrasound and there's nothing there. I have had so much anxiety. I still take my temperature every morning to make sure that my basal body temperature remains elevated. I say a little prayer every time I go to the bathroom to make sure there's no bleeding. Every little cramp scares the bejeezus out of me!
The prenatal education appointment with our nurse went great. We were given a ton of information, which was a little overwhelming. Then we met with the doc for a full exam. She said that Progesterone level looked great and she's hopeful that it will continue to increase. She said that once it gets to 30 I can decrease the Progesterone to every other day. I got a pap smear (with Sam in the room), which was quick and painless. Then came the best part of the appointment - what we've been waiting for.
As soon as she put the wand in (dildo cam anyone?) she said, "there it is". I was so afraid that maybe it was an ectopic pregnancy or that the baby wasn't in my uterus. But there was our little sweet pea, smack in the middle of my uterus with the most beautiful flickering heart I've ever seen. I cried a little and was so thankful that Sam was video taping the ultrasound because I wanted to remember every part of it. The doc said we were measuring at 7weeks, 1 day, which is 1 day ahead of schedule putting my due date at December 8, 2010. She cleared me to have a ton of blood work and wants me to return for another ultrasound in 4 weeks.
So until our next ultrasound, feast your eyes on our sweet pea (aka, the grain of rice in the middle). Until next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment