I had more blood work yesterday. Had to have my Hcg level checked again to make sure that our peanut is growing as it's supposed to. Also had my progesterone checked to make sure that my hormones are in tact. Heard from the nurse today that my Hcg level is awesome - well over 2,000, which means that our little peanut is right on track. However, my progesterone was borderline low. To sustain a healthy pregnancy, progesterone must be 15 and mine was 14. So I was prescribed progesterone suppositories to help elevate my levels and make sure that this kiddo sticks around. I'll have to go in once weekly to have my progesterone checked until I'm in the 2nd trimester.
Sam and I took pictures in the bluebonnets today to celebrate good blood work and 5 weeks!!! We have plans to use the pictures to alert people of our new addition. Once we figure out the right wording, I'll post it here for posterity.
As for symptoms, I'm still having some nausea. I think once the progesterone kicks in the vomiting may begin on a more regular basis. I'm exhausted by 3pm every day and need a nap. I'm having weirdo dreams at night. Last night it was like Sam and I were in a real-life video game collecting puppies that were falling out of the cars in front of us. Explain that one! My boobs are still really really sore (TMI right?). Lots of heartburn and burping - and determined that I can no longer eat cucumbers & hard boiled eggs. Both did not agree with me well today.
Next stop - 6 weeks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment