I've been having horrendous morning sickness. Mostly I've spent my days being nauseous but have definitely had lots of vomiting interspersed. I finally started using my prescription of Zofran and it's been a life saver. I can actually get through my days without wanting to sleep all day long. My energy has been zapped completely. I have a sinking spell every afternoon and have to take a nap. It's exhausting.
The cravings have been crazy too. They are really strong but only last a couple of days. Nothing too strange but definitely strong! Some examples:
Cereal - morning, noon and night
Macaroni & Cheese
Pizza
Fried chicken - even this morphed from chicken strips to chicken sandwiches to popcorn chicken
Sonic tater tots with cheese
Junior Mints
Gummy Cola Bottles
Grilled cheese sandwiches
Spaghettios
High fat & salty foods
And now I'm back to cereal
I've had tons of aversions - mainly to meat, which usually I love. And I've had lots of cravings for carbs - lots of carbs. My doc is hopeful that once I start feeling better I'll be able to eat a little bit healthier.
So we went back to the doctor on May 20th. There was some dispute as to how far along I was so we had to do another ultrasound. I had no problem with this because I love being able to see the baby. This ultrasound was amazing. The baby actually looked like a baby. We were able to videotape the ultrasound and the baby waved both arms and kicked both legs. It was fantastic! It made this so much more real. We go in on May 24th for our NT scan which measures the back of the neck to check our risk for downs syndrome or trisomy 18.
For your viewing pleasure - our latest ultrasound.
No comments:
Post a Comment