Monday, March 29, 2010

Today wasn't as Good as Yesterday...

Sam and I thought it would be funny if I took multiple pregnancy tests to make sure that I was really pregnant. So this morning I took one and it showed up as negative. I was devastated. However, my temperature remained high so cognitively I knew that there most likely wasn't anything wrong. Mid morning I left my office and went to the local Walgreens to get a digital pregnancy test. That one showed "pregnant", which was reassuring. I was able to get in touch with my doctor and went in to have blood drawn. Still waiting for the results and the official confirmation...

Update: Heard from the doctor's office today (3/30/10) to tell me that I am indeed pregnant. However, my beta (HCG) level is 46 and they want me to come back in tomorrow to redo the blood work. My HCG level must double within 48 hours for it to be a viable pregnancy. The best part of the phone call from the nurse was that she had me schedule a "new mom" appointment. We have our first OB appointment on April 22, 2010 to have our first sonogram and (hopefully) hear the baby's heartbeat! Still incredibly excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment