After four long years of trying to have a baby, we finally got the news we've been waiting for. This morning we finally got our positive home pregnancy test. And then I went out and bought 5 more, but only used one and it was positive too. I'm sure I'll continue to take at least one per day until we have our first ultrasound.
The reaction to the test was as follows: I was in the bathroom and Sam was getting ready to go on a bike ride. I saw that faint second line and began yelling "Sam" at the top of my lungs. Once he arrived in the bathroom, I handed him the stick and said, "tell me you see two lines!" He saw the second line as well. Then I told him, "we're pregnant!" and immediately started crying.
And then I had to go visit a patient...
But I digress...maybe a little background on how we got here.
On April 23, 2006 we made the decision to stop using protection and if we got pregnant, so be it. In late 2007, I was convinced that something was wrong. I researched our problem, which included not getting regular periods, in fact, going months (9) without a period. I saw the lady doctor who rudely told me that PCOS didn't exist and that I just needed to eat less and lose weight and that should fix everything. I had blood tests and an ultrasound and all of my parts seemed to work just fine. My doctor's partner mentioned that he thought I had PCOS (unfortunately he wasn't on my insurance) but nothing more was done. Fast forward to March of 2009. Still not pregnant and made the decision to go on a medically supervised weight loss program. I saw a new doctor in Austin who agreed that I absolutely had PCOS and she put me on birth control pills while I lost weight.
100 pounds down and 8 months later, I stopped taking birth control pills and both got a period and started charting my temperature to determine ovulation and to get to know my body's inner workings. This cycle (cycle 4) was picture perfect. I ovulated, I ate better, we did all the right things. And even more, it just felt different. It felt right. I guess my intuition was correct. I started taking pregnancy tests last Wednesday, but today was different.
Tomorrow I call the doctor and have it confirmed by her office. I just felt that even thought we're not telling people yet and still don't know what to do with the information, I should chronicle all of this information so that I don't forget it. That way, when we do announce the pregnancy, people can look at this blog and understand everything we've been through.
I can't contain all of the emotions that I'm experiencing right now. I'm excited, I'm scared, I'm thrilled, I'm crying (happy tears), I'm relieved, I'm so hopeful, I'm truly thankful and feel so blessed.
More soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment