Elliot is becoming a little mimic. Which for us means we need to watch our mouth. I swear "that's bullshit daddy" came out of his mouth the other day. Who knew that he actually pays attention to the things that we say (ha!). So the other day, Elliot was doing this funny little walk in the living room. He was raising up on one toe and kinda limping (?) and we didn't know if he was hurt or epileptic or just developing a bit of a pimp walk. Then we listened to the fact that he was actually saying something along with the limp. A faint little "dump, dump" came from that determined little boy. Then it hit us, he was jumping! He must've learned this in school, because I don't recall teaching him how to jump or the word jump, but jump he does. I really need to get it on video, because it's the cutest thing. It's evolved a bit over the weekend as well. Now, he raises both feet up on his toes, swings his arms and looks as if he's trying to take off. All the while saying, "dump, dump".
Back to the mimicking - this morning he looked at me and said "hi" (hi and bye are his new favorites) and I replied, "hi baby", to which he replied, "hi baby". Oh my gosh is he cute! Today he said "eyes" and actually pointed to his eyes. He very clearly said "Grandma" the other night and I thought my mom would have a heart attack. For those who don't know, since the day my child was born, my mother would say to him, "say Grandma". Our of pure stubbornness, he would reply "daddy", "mommy" and even "grandpa" (and sometimes even "bubbe") but he finally got out a grandma. He points to his belly and says "beh-yee". Oh, my heart is melting. He leans back in your arms and squeals "whee". Where is he getting this stuff?
The word count is getting extremely long as he is learning at least one new word every day. He repeats just about everything. His response to "I love you" is "Bye" (methinks he has picked this up from listening to phone calls). He still gives great hugs and now he blows kisses and makes this cute little fish kiss by sucking in his cheeks. I love this little man...

Oh my God, my heart melts just listening to you. Ok, you are exaggerating a tiny bit--I didn't start telling him to say Grandma until he was at least ..... 6 months old. :) I also loved that after he said bye the other day on Face Time, he waved as he was walking away--of course I couldn't see that part. Sam is right--this picture--beautiful boy. No other word to describe him. What a joy!!!
ReplyDeleteGRANDMA Barb